- Switch your light bulbs to LEDs.
- Don’t leave the refrigerator open longer than necessary.
- Control your light fixtures with a timer or photocell, to ensure they are only on when needed.
- Control your exterior security floodlights with motion sensors, to ensure it is only used when needed.
- Don’t leave your mobile phone plugged in overnight. Mobile Phones typically full charge in a few hours. USB outlets remove this need while saving energy.
- Dust off light fixtures regularly. Large coats of dust can reduce light output significantly.
- Install a dimmer switch to save energy on light output.
- Wash clothes at a lower temperature to reduce electricity use.
- Turn off lights and electronics when leaving a room.
- Only plug in laptop and other chargers when needed and in use.